This wonderful man Robert, was a man on a mission to find his happiness. He wasn't going to let weight stand in his way. Hear his story!
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Hello, Citizens. Welcome back to Ciecie's World and to my first video of my Las Vegas Chronicles. In this video, I tell you about the differences of life, I've encountered, that are nothing like my life in Ohio. In Sin City, the land of Casinos there is so much natural beauty. Also, I give you a mini house tour of the house I am currently living in. Lastly, I give you a brief glimpse into my local library, which not only is a work of art but houses some beautiful art.
Stay with me as I navigate through a whole new world.
Thursday, July 7, 2016
|Enjoying my family!|
Sometimes we need to hold on to experiences to keep from repeating mistakes or continually being hurt by negative people. Yet, there is a line to be drawn so that we can be healthy forgiving people and not allow negativity to keep us from trying new things. Here are some steps I’ve learned that have helped me to know what to let go of and how.
- Stop letting people determine what you will do with your life. Suggestions are fine. Guidance and ideas from others can be helpful. But there is a limit to how others should determine your life course. Take charge and design your own life plan. You will live a much happier and fulfilling life that way.
- Fear of making mistakes. Mistakes are life’s way of teaching us what not to do. We will make mistakes but they should not be the determining factor as to should we try again. Mistakes are just telling us to try another way because that one didn’t work out so well. You won’t ruin your future from mistakes, but you will ruin your life if you don’t keep trying to get things right for you. Failure is not the opposite of success, it is part of success. Failure becomes success when we learn from it.
- Perfection doesn’t exist. Sure there are ideas of perfection. These become values with which we guide our conduct and activity. Everyone has differing idea of what perfection is so there is no pleasing everyone with your choices.
- Negative thinking. – Negative thinking can get in the way of our happiness. Thoughts can be a choice and they really dictate the way we feel. When a negative thought finds its way to your mind, choose thoughts that make you feel amazing? Choose to make the rest of your life the best of your life.
- Be Different. There is no reason to follow the crowd. Your choices make you who you are just as other people’s choices make them who they are. Chose to do you.
- Show respect to yourself and others. Showing a lack of respect. – You don’t’ have to agree with people and they don’t have to agree with you. Because a person isn’t your ideal person does not give you the right to disrespect them. When you love yourself and respect yourself, then you will attract the same from others. If you don’t’ get the respect you deserve, don’t let that stop you from being a quality person
- Know everyone will not love you. Did you know that’s okay? It is possible to simply outgrow people. Accept it and move on. When someone leaves you, it’s important to emotionally release them. That’s the only way to open the right love to your life.
- Stop procrastinating on your life. Dreaming is great. Goal setting is important. Taking action is what gets the job done.
There you have it, folks. My guide to growing by getting rid of misconceptions of how things are. You are the leader of your life. Don’t let past negative experiences keep you from living life to the full!
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
I am finally getting out of doors since the weather is cooperating. Check out this vlog to see what I'm up to. Welcome to Ciecie's World. ~Smile!
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Monday, February 29, 2016
Steps to take to leave
You've had enough! You're ready to go, but you just don't know how. More importantly, you don't know how to leave and not ever have to return.
This article is not for you if you have already left the bad situation and need to know what to do. There are many articles out on-line to address the psychological mindset you need to leave and show you why you need to leave. What I will share with you in this article are steps to take prior to leaving prepare for the inevitable departure.
First, have in mind that this is really something you want to do. You have to look at the impact of your leaving will have on the people you know and how they will respond to your leaving. The reason this is important is because every decision we make will affect others and they will react. For whatever reason the other party may not wish you to leave, whether they depend on your income, your physical attention to their need, or just as their personal punching bag, they will want to keep you where you are, and sabotage any efforts you may make to depart. This needs to be avoided.
If you are leaving because you feel threatened or your life is in danger, then it will be imperative that you do not share with the other party that you wish to leave. This may increase the chances of you being in danger or that you may be manipulated into remaining in a situation you're better off leaving.
Having said this, your desiring to leave does not have to be a secret from everyone. The least people who know, the better off you will be. However, you may need someone you can trust to help you; so sharing with one or two close companions may be necessary.
Now that you know you are leaving and you have gained help from a friend that can actually help you, you are now in the planning stage. You don't have to be rich to leave, but you do have to be smart.
You will need to collect your records at this time. You will want to have a safe location hidden where you keep your ID cards, health and life insurance records, passport and medical records. You will want to have your doctor information, any prescriptions you need, put in a place that you can easily pick up and take with you. You don't want to have to search for these things at the last minute or heaven forbid be out on the streets with no information to get help.
Put in a separate area, to the back of your closet necessary clothing that you will want to take with you. Do not put them in a suitcase or duffle bag. Most likely that can be discovered. Keep them hung in your closet, but planned out in an area that is easily accessible. Do this also with your undergarments. Make sure everything is clean and ready to go, but not packed. Do have a duffle bag or backpack in the closet, empty but accessible.
Now you will want to consider where you will stay when you leave. If you have no money, will you need to live in a shelter? Do you have a friend or relative that will be taking you in until you get back on your feet? Also, think how you will leave. Do you have adequate transportation? A bike, car or public transportation will be needed to get you and your possessions to your safe location. Will someone be purchasing for you an airplane ticket or picking you up? You don't want to be wondering the streets with luggage as you may get robbed or someone you don't want to see you may and report the sighting to the person you wish to leave.
In the event that you have a bit of money saved then, of course, you have more options available to you. You can purchase basic articles you will need to make a new comfortable home. In a future post, I will list the basics you will need to start over in a new home location. In the case that you have money, then you can schedule your moving truck at the best time for your safe exit. You can even purchase a small storage unit to slowly save home items that you will need for your arrival to your new home.
Surviving is the last consideration as well as the first. If you don't want to go back then before you leave you will need to have a way to make a clean safe living. Having a job lined up so that you are able to take care of your living expenses will be needed. You don't want to get away and end up living on the streets or selling your body. Hopefully, you have work or a job to go to, but if not have you researched all of the agencies that are at your disposal to keep you housed, fed and can lead you to a job?
These are the basics. Each situation is different so generalizations cannot be made for each step. This article is directed to those that have the comfort to plan. If you are in danger you may not have that luxury. See my YouTube series on "Fighting Back Against Assult". Most people, however, do know when they want to get away from a bad home situation. They consider it for months and endure it for years before they take the leap of faith to leave. So instead of just wanting to leave, execute a plan. Everyone deserves peace of mind.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
The search is over for something I've been looking for some time now. In this short vlog I find something I've been searching for in the least likely place. The Dollar Tree. Dad dropped me off some groceries that include a giant cantaloupe. Visit with me for a few minutes. Smile!